Part Time. 15-20 hours per week
Applications close November 28th, 2023
VenueTech is seeking a part-time administrator to support the smooth operation of our business in the performing arts and entertainment technology sector.
This is a part-time position (15-20hrs/wk) with a starting rate of $30hr and is available as employment or contract as best suits the candidate.
We are also advertising other roles that could be combined.
Our ideal candidate has a solid administrative skillset and is an effective communicator, problem-solver and proactive. Prior experience in the performing arts or entertainment technology sectors is advantageous but not required.
We utilise digital tools such as Google Workspace and Airtable for all aspects of our business. Proficiency - or the capacity to upskill on these platforms is critical.
VenueTech operates from an office/equipment workshop located in central Nelson.
Access is from ground level, and our office is currently in a mezzanine up a single flight of stairs. Limited off-street parking is available. Bus stops are within walking distance.
While events tend to be on evenings/weekends, our office hours are typically within the traditional 9-5, Mon-Fri.
Work hours can be flexible, with some tasks able to be performed remotely.
This role includes a company laptop, cellphone allowance, and access to some of the events/productions we support.
VenueTech embraces diversity and encourages people from any background to apply.
The duties of the administrative coordinator role are:
Manage and organise files, documents, and databases with data entry, record-keeping, document creation and general management / ongoing development of workflows.
Be an active communicator with clients, including emails, phone calls, or distributing information within our team or external contacts.
Scheduling and Calendar Management
Managing client appointments, team meetings, venue calendars and event staffing - Including setting up meeting spaces and ensuring efficient schedules.
Play an integral role in the upkeep of our office, which involves shared responsibilities such as light cleaning duties, restocking consumables and general organisation that contributes to the smooth functioning of our workspace.
Assisting other team members, whether helping with projects, coordinating between departments, or providing general support to ensure our workflows progress smoothly.
Email your CV and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital Engagement Coordinator
Part Time 10-15 hours per week
Applications are open
VenueTech seeks a Digital Engagement Manager to elevate our online presence by effectively communicating our services, work, and values.
- Part-time (10-15 hrs/wk)
- Starting rate: $30/hr
- Available as employment or contract
- Opportunity to combine roles with other advertised positions
Our current platforms include Facebook, Instagram, and a WordPress website.
- Centrally located office with standard operating hours.
- On-site events after hours and on weekends.
- Flexible hours, with some tasks suitable for remote work.
Social Media Management
- Develop and execute strategies across platforms to increase engagement, build audience, and enhance brand awareness.
- Develop, curate, and schedule engaging content within digital campaigns to boost brand visibility and support business objectives.
-Foster a sense of belonging among our audience through active interaction and response to comments, messages, and inquiries.
Partnership and Collaboration
- Engage with venues, festivals, and artists for collaborative activities to enhance engagement and broaden our reach.
Website Development and Maintenance
- Contribute to the content of a planned refresh of our existing website.
- Undertake training from our web designer for ongoing changes to keep the content on our new site up-to-date.
- Proficiency in social media management and strategy development.
- Strong content creation and curation skills aligned with business goals.
- Exceptional community management skills, fostering a sense of belonging among online audiences.
- Proven experience in building partnerships within the performing arts industry.
- Familiarity with website development and maintenance practices.
- Appreciation of performing arts and technical theatre crafts.
- Authentic representation of our work.
- Fostering an inclusive, collaborative, and supportive workplace culture.
- Ensuring content meets accessibility standards/requirements across platforms.
This role reports to our managing director and collaborates with our broader team.
Opportunity and Application
This position offers an excellent opportunity to work with a dynamic team and gain unique experiences in the live events industry. We'd love to hear from you if you see yourself in any of our available roles!
Email your CV and a brief cover letter to email@example.com
Casual Technical Crew
No fixed or guaranteed hours
Apply any time
VenueTech is seeking casual technicians to support our team in delivering high-quality performing arts experiences at The Theatre Royal, Nelson Centre of Musical Arts, regional Arts, Fringe, and music festivals.
This position will initially provide shorter calls of 3+ hours on an as-needed basis to support our peak demand, with shifts most commonly occurring in the mornings and evenings on any day of the week.
While this is an entry-level position, our ideal outcome is to support the candidate(s) in developing their skills and knowledge so they can take on more advanced roles.
Technical mindset: From setting up sound and lighting to ensuring smooth AV operations, your ability to absorb and understand technical details will contribute to seamless performance and event.
Team Player: Join a close-knit crew that values teamwork and cooperation. Your positive attitude and willingness to pitch in will make you integral to our behind-the-scenes success.
Passion for Performance: Whether it's an intimate classical chamber performance, a bold musical theatre piece or a touring rock concert, you'll understand our focus is to enhance the audience and performers' experience.
Relationship: We are happy for this position to be casual employment or a contract with a sole trader, as determined by the applicant.
Our starting rate is equitable to the living wage.
Inclusivity: VenueTech embraces diversity and encourages people from any background to apply.
If this sounds like you, please apply via the form linked below:
VenueTech oversees the technical production and backstage operations for Whakatū Nelson's premier venues, festivals, and events, including The Theatre Royal, Nelson Centre of Musical Arts and Nelson’s Fringe, Adam Chamber, Ceol Aneas Irish Music and Arts Festival.
Our mission is to provide a comprehensive backstage service to support the success of the performing arts. Whether to a venue, event, artist or technical crew, services that achieve technical excellence while fostering a supportive culture that ensures every stage—literal or figurative—shines.